You’re off to Disney! How exciting!! You may or may not have heard of a “park bag”. Well since you’ll be spending a lot of time in the parks, you need to be prepared so you’re not caught buying necessities inside the gates that could cost an arm and a leg.
Your best bet is to plan ahead and pack a well stocked park bag. Luckily I did my research before my trip and have come up with a great list that should cover anything you might need while visiting the parks. So here’s what I packed:
- Extra sun hats (incase one goes missing for some reason)
- Money – If you’re staying onsite you won’t need that much since everything can go on your account through your magic band, but if you’re off site you’ll want some cash for those little things you may want to purchase that you don’t want to put on a credit card
- Magic bands (if you’re not wearing them when you head to the park)
- Camera/phone– even with the PhotoPass you will still be taking your own pictures too
- Portable phone charger– we bought one specifically for our trip and it was awesome!
- Autograph books for characters to sign
- Thick sharpie -make sure the marker is big enough for the characters with awkward gloves to handle 😉
- Paper/activity books/a few kids books and crayons (for those early morning waits before the park opens)
- Water bottle – you can get this refilled in the park for free!
- Small first aid bag – Bandaids, polysporin, medication, etc.
- Wet Wipes – for cleaning little hands and mouths
- Hand Sanitizer
- $ store ponchos- incase it rains or to ride Kali River Rapids (you’ll want one on that ride!)
- Change of clothes for the kids – or at the very least an extra shirt (you never know!)
- Plastic shower curtain – to cover your stroller and belongings while you go on rides if it starts to rain
- Ziplock bags– these are handy for all sorts of things (keeping phone and wallet dry on water rides, unfinished snacks, etc.)
- $ store glow sticks – if you are staying for the nighttime activities these are great to have on hand when they start going around with $20 fancy glow wands for you to buy. $ store has some neat looking ones for only a few dollars that I bought and then some bracelets and necklaces as well. My kids were decked out and it cost me about $5!
Let me know if I forgot something on the list! Anything you packed that you recommend bringing to Disney? Comment below and let us know!